ADI Cafe by Central Driver Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancellation of speaker

2 posters

Go down

Cancellation of speaker Empty Cancellation of speaker

Post by Lily-Anne Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:17 pm

Over the last few days I have been somewhat surprised and disappointed at the nature and tone of remarks that you have
placed on to our facebook profile.

Whilst we welcome debate and conversation and genuinely value the different viewpoints from our large network of Instructors
I am surprised at such harsh criticism from someone that I saw as a “friend”. To challenge an opinion is valued, however to
be so dismissive of my views and comments is concerning.

I have met with many driving instructor groups across the country,sharing proven strategies and techniques for “better business”.
Part of the presentations is to encourage debate and to develop discussion and question.

Each meeting I have been to, the chair person has been welcoming, supportive and appreciative of my time-the free
input and contribution to their group being of value to the wider group.

I have to say that not one of these chair people have attacked my views and comments so publically in advance of a meeting. It gives
a sense that the discussion / debate within your group appears to be of a closed nature - which I would suggest is not conducive to
a positive environment.

Due to this Anne, I am going to decline your invitation, as to attend would serve neither your group or my business.

David Poole
Marketing
ADI Support Ltd

I have responded, but to imply that his attendance would not be welcomed is untrue. I have never attacked David Poole personally, nor would I have any need to do so. I have once or twice questioned his comments. So it seems questioning and criticism is NOT welcomed. I would of course add, we have never met, and are not "friends" but facebook aquaintances. Giving up his time "freely" is part of a business approach nontheless, to encourage new business. It was felt that our members would enjoy the presentation, despite some reservations from members who have met with him previously. My reply is shown below.

Dear David,

Wow, now that is quite an offensive email. The facebook page that I am associated with you on is my personal page, you are not on our business page, nor have you been invited to be. Any comments made on my PERSONAL profile, are my opinions only. If you are unable to accept criticism or questioning, should you in fact be promoting yourself so vigilantly as a business person.

I am surprised that you are not more professional in your approach. I do of course also travel around the UK to various associations, and speak with many members, and have never had anything but respect. I would also, never, in my role cancel a confirmed appointment at such short notice. The members of the association who are to attend, have had to suffer expense from the associations purse, which I am sure you are aware, as with all associations, has limited funds. We will therefore be seeking recompense from ADI Support for advertising your attendance, and the cost of a replacement speaker.

Very disappointing David,, that you could let down so many people that you purport to advise and help. Your contract was with WADDIA and not with me personally.

Yours sincerely

Lily-Anne
Lily-Anne

Back to top Go down

Cancellation of speaker Empty Re: Cancellation of speaker

Post by The Boss Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:12 am

All this from the guy who has tried to be every ones friend on facebook with offers of free this and free that. Now an angry unprofessional salesman.

Shame really as I think he has something to offer some ADIs.

The boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 am

WOW just read on another forum he has done this before, and recent.

Who will dare to book this unprofessional group, and risk being let down in the eleventh hour.

The Boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum